Wednesday, January 16, 2019

DO IT RIGHT

DO IT RIGHT
This photo is me after work today. I was tired but satisfied. We’re working against a very tight deadline. DeNece painted the mock-up flower, then had to go out of town, so we’re left with only three people, Sean to draw and Brian and me to finish painting 45 flowers by Friday. We started on them late last week. It was almost time to go home today, and I discovered a few errors in the transparency. I battled with myself: should I take the time to fix it, or leave it? With the schedule we have, I wanted to leave it, thinking, “No one will notice anyway.”

But the Holy Spirit was nagging me to make the changes. I’ve learned that when the Lord urges me to do something, He somehow also provides the time in which to get it done. My real boss is God, so I had to take the extra time at the end of the day to make it right. It went miraculously fast.

I can’t say I was surprised, because I’ve seen God do this so many times, but when He wants something done that I think will take a certain amount of time, He always speeds it up for me. I think He smiles when He does it because in every instance I’m still so amazed! I guess this is one little miracle way He likes to give me the message, “Here I go again. Trust me on this!”

God slowing and speeding up time? Yep, it’s in the Bible. Hezekiah was dying, and he asked Isaiah to help him by praying to God. Hezekiah was offered a choice: the shadow on the sundial could go either 10 degrees backward or forwards. Hezekiah assumed that the sun going back would be a more significant sign since it would go against nature. God granted Isaiah’s prayer, and the sign occurred. 

“And this shall be a sign unto thee from the Lord, that the Lord will do this thing that he hath spoken; Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down” (Isa. 38:7-8).

Here are two scriptures that show God’s willingness to fast forward:

“A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the Lord will hasten it in his time” (Isa. 60:22).

“Then said the Lord unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it” (Jer. 1:12).

The Lord doesn’t act willy-nilly, but it was the Lord who urged me to do the right thing with the flowers, so since God told me, “Do it!” He was the one who hastened the doing!  

I love it when that happens.

Love, Carolyn

I send out these preach letters in snail mail, e-mail, WordPress, Blogger, and Facebook, so if you’d like to get them a different way than you are currently getting them, let me know.


Also, if you have a friend or family member who you think would like to get them, let me know that too and I can send them on. 😊  

No comments:

Post a Comment