Sunday, April 21, 2019

LET'S COME UP OUT OF THE GRAVE


LET’S COME UP OUT OF THE GRAVE
This morning I heard about a preacher who gave a talk on all the pagan things relating to Easter. It made me sad. Like we need to hear more awful things about the world right now?! I don’t think so. It’s good to know what’s going on, but to fill our minds with it? I felt myself slipping into a “I want to hide” mood. Jane and I prayed and rebuked the influences trying to put us in a defeated state of mind.

Today we celebrate! The sun still comes up, flowers grow, and animals play. Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to give humanity a reason and right to live in freedom and truth. He is the light of the world.

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, ‘I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life’” (John 8:12).

I’ve found that to be so true! When I slip into sadness or darkness, Jesus is the one who always pulls me out of the grave in one way or another.

Let’s keep seeking Him and loving Him, the living Christ, forever the one who knows how to do life the best.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment