Wednesday, July 17, 2019

SONS OF BELIAL PART 4 - HE FELL INTO HIS OWN PIT


HE FELL INTO THE PIT HE MADE
Eric looked at me: “We’re running out of copper paint.” I said, “Okay, I’ll make some.” It would take some time, so I started immediately. Meanwhile, he went out into the other part of the warehouse where we were painting a five-step faux finish. Eric ignored the other workers and began on a section of panels he could call his own. I had no idea he was digging a pit for my downfall. But God had other plans.

When I got back to the panels, I could tell Eric had rushed through the steps to get as many panels done as possible. The room was three-quarters full of pieces he’d completed. He was so proud of his production—achieving way more than my partner and I did, especially with me having to mix more paint. Then it hit me what he was planning.

This guy Eric was what the Bible calls a “son of Belial, “a worker of iniquity.” He was looking for power and position in the company, and it didn’t matter who he had to step on to get there. He was not a team player but did things his way and tried to get others to follow, though he was never given that authority. I knew the demons had already told him about me because he targeted me and tried to get me talking about obscure and distasteful things. But I knew 2 Samuel 23:6-7: “The sons of Belial cannot be taken with hands: But the man that shall touch them must be fenced [filled] with iron and the staff of a spear.” In other words, I knew I had to stay away from him and start using the scriptures against is plotting.

There were three of us who were above him in the chain of command, and he didn’t like it at all. He wanted to be running the job and wanted me out of the way. He brought discord into the group, and everyone was uneasy with him around. He was always scheming and critical of everyone. He would wander around the warehouse and offices and act like he was special. We never quite knew what he was up to, but we had the nagging feeling that he was spying on us, and spewing lies about us to the higher boss. His bad-mouthing had already caused one person above him to be fired. It was horrible. I had to do something.

I began to come to work early and park in a remote spot, where I’d get out my verses—those psalms of David that are specific weapons (spears)—against people like this. After looking over the verses, I was led by the Holy Spirit to use three sections in particular, and I prayed them out loud with conviction.

“He made a pit and dug it out and has fallen into the ditch which he made. His trouble shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down on his own crown” (Ps. 7: 5-16).

“Set a wicked man over him and let an accuser stand at his right hand. When he is judged, let him be found guilty and let his prayer become sin. Let his days be few, and let another take his office. Let strangers plunder his labor. Let there be none to extend mercy to him” (Ps. 109: 6-13).

“Break their teeth in their mouth, O God! Break out the fangs of the young lions, O Lord! Let them flow away as waters which run continually; when he bends his bow, let his arrows be as if cut in pieces. Let them be like a snail which melts away as it goes, like a stillborn child of a woman, that they may not see the sun” (Ps. 58:6-8).

I prayed others too, but those were the main ones. I prayed them every day before work.

By the grace of God, I knew what to do, and I did it. 

Back to my story of that one fateful day: This son of Belial sent me to mix paint so that my production would falter. Then he sped up and finished multiple panels. He planned to show how inferior I was and how great he was. But God had something else in mind. 

The artistic director came in and started looking at the pieces. He was horrified. He called another lead person and me over and started handing us the panels, “This one has to be done over. This one too, and this one and this one!” By the time he’d finished, there were 40-plus panels that had to be re-done, nearly all of them the ones Eric did. 

Eric’s plan failed miserably. He’d gotten me out of the way so he could show off for the boss and instead of being rewarded, he was humiliated. It was so bad that the boss sent him out of town on a different job for a week. I was thinking, “I wouldn’t be surprised if he never comes back.” 

What happened is that he did come back—for only one day. He was in street clothes, and he resigned! I found out later that God got him so far out of the way that he ended up in a job half way around the world!

“He made a pit [for Carolyn] and dug it out, and has fallen into the ditch which he made.”  

God warns those who try to hurt us: Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm” (Ps. 105:15). For years I have spoken this scripture in my morning prayers and seen it work to benefit me and take down those who would try to throw me down.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment