Wednesday, November 6, 2019

THE DARE-DEVIL DEMON - RECOGNIZE THE TRICK, SO YOU DON'T GET TRAPPED


THE DARE-DEVIL DEMON – RECOGNIZE THE TRICK, SO YOU DON’T GET TRAPPED
We’ve used the term dare-devil when we talk about people who take foolish or extreme risks, but what is it really?

It is an evil spirit, a demon who dares people to do something stupid, risky, or life-threatening. It’s the spirit that quietly whispers and challenges us with things like: “The danger tape is there, but I want to go up and peek over the edge carefully.” “I know I shouldn’t step on that weak part of the roof, but I need to get to the other side, and I really don’t feel like getting down and going all the way around just to climb up again. I’ll do it this once, and I’ll be really careful."

There are also extreme dares: “I wonder what would happen if I don’t take the turn and just drove straight off the cliff?” “What would happen if I barely touched that hotwire?” Dare-devil demons are real and are more common than you’d think. They cause people to get hurt and killed just by getting them to go a little too far. When the dare comes, we know in our conscience that it is wrong, but we still wonder what would happen if we did it anyway? The demon quietly pushes: “Oh come on; nothing bad will happen. I dare you.” We need to learn how to stop this demon from pestering us now so that it can’t get us to fall for it when we may be tired or not so spiritually alert. 

My long-time friend Jane told me the story of Loreen: “We played softball together, and I knew her since she was 11. Loreen had a cocky attitude and liked to do dangerous and foolish things. She didn’t think the consequences would catch up to her. But she died in a gunshot accident at 27 years old.”

There was a construction accident here in Las Vegas where a guy fell into an open elevator shaft. The area was cordoned off in red danger tape, and it was obvious that no one was supposed to cross it. But for some reason, he did cross it. These dare-devil spirits go for the jugular; they don’t fool around. Death is their aim. John 10:10 tells u: “The thief (Satan) cometh not, but for to steal and to kill, and to destroy.”

After being rescued from the consequences of falling into the temptations of dare-devils several times in my younger years, I now know what to do when they throw me a fastball. I slam it out of the park! I rely on the authority in the name of Jesus Christ and speak directly to the spirit (just like when Jesus talked directly to the fig tree). I say: “Shut up and get away from me right now, in the name of Jesus Christ.” 

“At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” (Phil. 2:10). Demons are things, so they have to bow and do what we demand in Jesus’ name.

I know and believe James 4:7: “Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

We are victorious in life when we can recognize demons in our everyday situations and then utterly remove them.

Love, Carolyn

QUESTIONS AND EASY CHALLENGES
1. Have you ever been tempted by a dare-devil to do something foolish? (For example: Go through a red light? Step on the top rung of a ladder? Get too close to the edge of a cliff?) What thoughts came at your mind to tell you it was okay to do?
2. Did you realize it was a demon tempting you?
3. According to John 10:10, what is the aim of evil forces?
4. What can you say to a dare-devil spirit? Give at least one scripture reference to back this up.


No comments:

Post a Comment