Wednesday, November 11, 2020

SEIZING THE DAY


 

SEIZING THE DAY

A couple weeks ago I noticed my vision was a little fuzzy through my glasses. I was straining a bit more to see what I could see clearly just a month ago. I told myself that I would wait until this political stuff was over and then I’d make an appointment to get my eyes checked. This morning, though, I realized, that was stinkin’ thinkin’. 

Matthew 6:34 tells us: “Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” In other words, seize the day and get done what we can do now, because we don’t know what challenges could come up tomorrow. I’m not to be ruled by circumstances, but by the word of God. And in this case, I need to see better NOW. So I went right over to my eye doctor and made the earliest appointment I could get.

 

Every day can be a good day in some way, because Psalm 118: 24 tells us: “This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

 

God has so many blessings for us, He says in Psalm 68:19 that He daily loads us with benefits: “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.”

 

I was hesitant, because of circumstances, to go after what I wanted and needed, but I woke up and went for it today.

 

The Lord has blessings and benefits for us every day without a miss. So let’s not let circumstances talk us out of taking what’s ours.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

More true stories of how the Bible is pertinent to our lives today.

 

https://www.amazon.com/WINGS-Journey-Sample-UPGRADING-REALITY-ebook/dp/B00XIGYVAI/ref=sr_1_7?crid=EZNJZZUP3KHG&dchild=1&keywords=wings+carolyn+molica&linkCode=ll2&linkId=db88efb13727dcb484eb29f5b1683284&qid=1605140735&sprefix=wings+carolyn+molica%2Caps%2C353&sr=8-7&tag=jmbcsds-20

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment