Sunday, August 29, 2021

"JOSEPH MOMENTS"


 “JOSEPH MOMENTS”

I was off work all this past week because a coworker thought they might have the Covid virus. I wasn’t happy to be off work at first, but it worked out great! The Lord provided me with plenty of money to take care of the bills, go out to eat, and enjoy my time off without worrying.  I even got the extra blessing of inspiration to do a new painting, and on the way home yesterday, a neighbor had put an easel with paper on it and about twelve or so new brushes out on the sidewalk, all free for the taking! God’s timing is always perfect! The easel had two magnets of Jesus on it, just in case I didn’t recognize who really gave me the new gifts - haha. (see the photo above).

 

I suppose the devil wanted me to get all stressed about money or about getting Covid, but I wasn’t bothered about either of these. After my day of being grumpy, I refused to succumb to any more negative thoughts. I prayed for my friend and refused to believe that they had the Covid either. I went about taking care of things around the house like pruning my olive tree and doing the paperwork for a couple of class action suits—things that I’d been procrastinating about for months! I also made sure that every day I took time to do something relaxing and fun.

 

At the end of the week, at the very last moment, my company’s safety guy, bless his heart, and the HR person let me know that the Covid test on my friend was negative and I could go back to work on Monday.

 

I feel like God and the Lord Jesus stepped in on my behalf and worked everything out for me. It was one of those times that I call “Joseph moments.” Genesis 37 begins were with how Joseph’s brothers were jealous of him and hated him. They plotted to get him out into the desert to kill him. They lowered him down into a pit and left him there to die. When they saw a group of Ishmaelites coming, they decided it would be better to sell Joseph and make some money off  him, but by the time Joseph’s oldest brother, Reuben, came back to the pit, another group, the Midianites, came by, saw Joseph in the pit, got him out, and sold him to the Ishmaelites.

 

The Ishmaelites took Joseph to Egypt to sell him as a slave. Joseph was in prison for a while there, but great miracles happened for Joseph, and he ended up being the Pharaoh’s right-hand man, in charge of all the wealth in Egypt.

 

“And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, ‘See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.’ And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

 

“And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, ‘I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt’” (Gen. 41:41-44).

 

Later on in the story, Joseph’s father and brothers were in famine where they lived. The Pharaoh told Joseph to send for them:

 

“Now thou art commanded, this do ye; take you wagons out of the land of Egypt for your little ones, and for your wives, and bring your father, and come. 

 

“Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours” (Gen 45:19-20).

 

When his family came down to Egypt, Joseph didn’t reveal who he was at first. His brothers thought that their plan worked and they’d gotten rid of Joseph for good. Isn’t that just how Satan works? He seems to think that he always wins, but time and time again he is proven wrong.

 

Nothing God has created can ever be above God himself. As many times as the devil tries to hurt us or destroy us, we need to remember that God is greater than the works of darkness, and God is on our side. We need to always keep that in our minds, our hearts, and our speech: No matter what the enemy does to stop us, delay us, or aggravate us, if we will look to the Lord, He will turn the worst things around for us, and the end result will be in our favor! That’s what happened for Joseph and will happen for us too.

 

When Joseph revealed himself to his brothers, he gave them food and supplies to take back with them. Over a year later, they met again. Joseph’s father had died, and now Joseph confronted his brothers with raw truth. He said to his brothers: “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive” (Gen. 50:20).

 

The devil, through the brothers, wanted one man dead, but instead, God turned it around. That one man not only lived in great prosperity and happiness, but through him, many others turned around to believe in our God.

 

We should never doubt that the Lord is working on our behalf. Even though the first day or so of my “Covid recess” was maddening, when I got my head around the truth, and I believed that God would make it a “Joseph moment,” everything changed. I’m so thankful that He takes such good care of us! And now I even have everything I need to start a new painting, AND confirmation from the Lord to do it!

 

Love, Carolyn

 

 Check out my publications on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wings+carolyn+molica&crid=EZNJZZUP3KHG&linkCode=ll2&linkId=db88efb13727dcb484eb29f5b1683284&sprefix=wings+carolyn+molica%2Caps%2C353&tag=jmbcsds-20&ref=as_li_ss_tl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment