Sunday, November 14, 2021

GOD SEES US THROUGH HIS FILTER OF LOVE


 GOD SEES US THROUGH HIS FILTER OF LOVE

I went into the bathroom Friday and saw an ugly scary face looking back  - AND IT WAS ME!!! As miserable as I feel, my friend Chris reminded me last week of Job from the Bible. I can’t even imagine how Job felt!

 

“So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes” (Job 2:7-8). It doesn’t even tell us if anyone helped him with cleaning those oozing boils all over his body! He had to scrape off the pus and infection with a piece of pottery! Really gross.

 

I studied the artist Ivan Albright. He had no filter on his paintings at all. He painted every ugly mole, every wrinkle, and every wirey gray hair. He examined and painted every little ugly thing he saw and even exaggerated it’s grotequeness. But God does exactly the opposite. He looks at us through the filter of His love.

 

“But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart” (1 Sam. 16:7).

 

And God will never give up on us, no matter what, “for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Heb. 13:5).

 

I know that God loves me, and I will get well soon.

 

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment