Sunday, January 30, 2022

"HEARTILY, AS TO THE LORD"

 
 

“HEARTILY, AS TO THE LORD”

A few months ago, I started working on my transitional painting. It’s complex and quite a challenge. These photos are just two different sections of the painting. I’ve got a long way to go, but I’m giving it my all. When I was a young girl, my earthly father would tell us kids, “If you’re going to do a job, do it right.” He wouldn’t allow us to cut corners, and if we did, we’d have to go back and do it again. Whether schoolwork, chores, or whatever, we were told to “always do the best you can.” Our Heavenly Father puts it this way:  

 

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ” (Col. 3:23-24). Living this verse will help us to retain the right attitude about just about anything we do.

 

Many years ago, there was a phrase being passed around in the Christian community. It goes like this: “What would Jesus do?” But we need to change it up a bit. Jesus Christ is alive now, and as Paul writes to the believers in Rome:

 

“Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us” (Rom 8:34). Jesus Christ is our Lord and our brother in the present. And “we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ” (Rom. 8: 16b-17a).

 

Because Jesus Christ is alive now, we don’t have to ask what Jesus WOULD do, as if in the past, but we can ask him directly, “What do I do now?” Let’s think more about Jesus being with us. He always does things with his whole heart, serving God in everything. We can be with him and do the same. Jesus is always with me as I work on my painting, and I know his presence because he inspires me to change things, colors, shapes, etc. It’s really exciting.

 

Let’s have a great week doing our “whatevers” heartily unto the Lord. Colossians 3:23.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

My books and booklets are available on Kindle and some in paperback too. Click the link and take a look:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=WINGS%3A+A+Journey+in+Faith+by+carolyn+molica&crid=3GBPN2RO8RZMF&sprefix=wings+a+journey+in+faith+by+carolyn+molica%2Caps%2C257&ref=nb_sb_noss

  

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment