Sunday, June 5, 2022

A QUIET PLACE

   

A QUIET PLACE

A couple of weeks ago, my friend, Kathy Stiles, put up a photo of herself sitting quietly on a bench overlooking a body of water. It instantly made me feel peaceful. I responded to her post, and she asked me if I’d listened to the song that went with the picture. I hadn’t noticed it, but then I went back and listened. It was a song called STILL, referring to the verse in Psalms 46:10: “Be still, and know that I am God.” I could feel it calming my nerves as I listened. I decided that listening to this song would be a good thing for me to do regularly.

 

At first, I tried to listen to it in the afternoon out on my patio, but there was a lot of distraction from the street noises and the birds. Then the next day, I thought I’d listen to it again in the afternoon, but I had other things I needed to do. It seemed that the afternoon wasn’t going to work out, and for several days my appointments with stillness got postponed. How many times have we put off doing what God inspires, and let our worldly choices take priority instead? But God never gives up on us, if in our hearts, we really want to do His will.

 

Then one evening, as I was watering my garden on one side of the yard, I looked over on the other side, and saw an opening in the branches of my fig tree. It was like a secret place calling me in to sit down in the shade under the tree's canopy. I pulled a lawn chair over and in I went with my laptop cued up to the STILL song.

 

There were many green figs on the tree, as the ripe season is just around the corner—the week of July 4th. But when I settled in and looked up, there was one perfectly ripe fig right in front of me! Thanks Lord, for the affirmation that this was His idea and there would be ripe fruit in the taking. I picked the fig and sat it on my laptop while I watched and listened to that beautiful song on YouTube. And yes, every time I go to my quiet place, I can feel the instant melting of my anxiety and my body and mind is filled with His wonderful peace.  

 

I’ve visited  my fig tree sanctuary many times since then. It’s so great that the Lord always makes a way for us to receive His healing peace into our lives. I’ve included the link to the song if you’d like to take a listen.

 

Love, Carolyn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhblSLKRJE

P.S. Thanks, Kathy, for posting that! God to you to me 😊



 

No comments:

Post a Comment