Sunday, October 29, 2023

LISTENING TO GOD ABOUT NIGHT SEEDS

LISTENING TO GOD ABOUT “NIGHT SEEDS”

A few days ago, the Lord reminded me about planting “night seeds.” I heard Him say it very clearly, but did I immediately put it into practice? No, and the days following have not been so good--frustrating to tell the truth. I’ve learned that if the Lord gives you an instruction and you ignore it, well, He’s not likely to give you something new until you follow through on the last thing He said. The thing is, when He reminded me, I remembered how great night seeds worked, but I didn’t take it as an instruction that I needed to do that very night, and when the idea came to mind, I took it as more of a fleeting thought than an actual “do it tonight” kind of thing.

 

But we need to be more sensitive to the subtlety of the Lord. He’s not always going to be yelling at us or speaking loudly. I missed it, and the result was kind of awful. So, I repented. I’m so sorry I didn’t pay attention. I know God loves me and I want to hear every little thing He says! It’s always going to be for my good. This incident reminds me a time when God wanted to talk with Elijah.

 

And angel told Elijah: “Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: and after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire, a still small voice. (1 Kings 19:11-12).

 

God spoke to Elijah in “a still small voice.” And when Elijah heard it, he was humbled. God was showing him that He (God) didn’t have to always roar, but that He could be quiet and gentle as well. Elijah heard it and responded. In humility “he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering of the cave” (v. 13). Elijah was ready to listen to God without all the fanfare of wind, fire, and earthquakes. We need to become more aware of God’s still small voice like Elijah did. We need to pay attention to those odd-ball thoughts that just seem to pop into our minds periodically, not seeming to connect to much else that we were thinking about.

 

When I sat down to my computer this morning, I was still in a grumpy, frustrated state of mind, so I asked the Lord what to do about my Preach letter today, what did He want me to send out to His people? He said very clearly: “This one is for YOU!” So, then He directed me to go to some of the Preach letters I’d written in 2019, and when I came to the one on “night seeds,” I remembered the incident a few days ago when that concept popped into my mind and I pretty quickly dismissed it. Well, when I came to that Preach letter in the 2019 group of letters, I knew I had to read it and do it. And then the Lord wanted me to write about what led up to me putting it out today. You can be assured that I will be planting those “night seeds” tonight! It’s God’s will and His blessing and I’m not going to miss it! I hope you’ll plant some night seeds tonight too, and remember to listen better for His still small voice. Here’s the article on night seeds:

 

NIGHT SEEDS

“Behold, He [God] who keeps Israel [and us] shall neither slumber nor sleep.” God is Spirit, and He doesn't sleep. We, as Spiritual beings, don't sleep either, but it's our body and soul that do need the sleep while we're here on earth. If we sleep three hours out of 24, it's an eighth of our day. If we sleep eight hours, that’s a third of our day taken up! How can we make those sleeping hours count spiritually? One way is to plant night seeds.

 

Night seeds: The thing that is so amazing and awesome is that Spiritual faith can work through the night, uninhibited by our doubtful, fearful, and oh-so-rational minds! Things are working in our unconscious, spiritual hearts, freely.

 

The two following sections of scripture are vital to me in getting great results from planting night seeds:

 

Jesus taught this: Mark 4:26-27: “And he said, ‘So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.” Notice that Jesus said the man planted the seed, then he immediately went to sleep! I just love that.

 

If we plant seeds right before we go to sleep, no rationale or emotional reaction can get in the way to block our faith! Who we are spiritually as sons and daughters of God Almighty, and our relationship with His son Jesus goes ahead to work while our bodies and souls take a rest, and the solutions come as the seeds sprout.

 

Then the second vital verse is Psalm 17:15: “I shall be satisfied when I awake with thy likeness.” I looked up the Hebrew word for “likeness” so that I could better understand this verse. It is “temuwnah,” and in this context, it means “what You [God] have fashioned,” what You [God] have formed,” “the manifestation of Your favor.”

 

So this verse is saying that when I wake up, I can feel blessed by what the Lord did in the night. He works with our seed and helps it to get sprouting.

 

I’d learned this principle a while back and forgot about it until I was scrolling through some old Preach letters and decided this was a great principle to start using again. Here are some results from when I used this method before.

 

It was Christmas time, and I got a last-minute invitation to a Christmas party. I’d already scheduled a hair appointment for several days after the party. When I called to reschedule, there were no appointments available. After more than a week went by, I started getting a little worried. I decided to try out my new discovery of planting a night seed. In light of the worry I was feeling, I knew I needed peace about whatever the result would be with my hair. So I claimed John 14:27, which says, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

 

Even though I was feeling stressed, I prayed and planted this peace seed. When I opened my cell phone first thing in the morning, I had a text from my hairdresser offering to do my hair on a Saturday. Not only did I get an appointment, but it was on a perfect day, so I didn’t have to miss any work.

 

My best friend Jane also planted a night seed. Her seed was concerning the promotional business she does for my writing. Facebook was blocking the usual routes of her promotions. It was as if they were trying to starve her out and get her to quit, and she knew it had to be changed around.

 

Jane didn’t get out her Bible and read the scriptures, but she told God His own story back to Him about the lepers outside the wall in Samaria. (It’s in 2 Kings 7). There was a great famine in the city because it was surrounded by an enemy army, cutting off the food supply. The lepers did as they were inspired by God, and He did a miracle. The enemy fled, leaving all the food and goods behind. The next day, the famine was gone and the commerce thriving!

 

When Jane woke up the next morning, there were more downloads on her promotion than there had been in the last three promotions!

 

This stuff works. Remember, Spirit continues to work while we sleep. Let’s make our sleep count in a spiritual way to enhance our lives. Plant a few night seeds this week.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

USER-FRIENDLY BIBLE PRINCIPLES FOR EVERYDAY LIVING

Get your copy today ðŸ˜Š WINGS: A JOURNEY IN FAITH VOL. 2  https://www.amazon.com/WINGS-Journey-Weekly-Workbook-Christian/dp/B0874LGZ34/ref=sr_1_1?crid=EZNJZZUP3KHG&keywords=wings+carolyn+molica&linkCode=ll2&linkId=db88efb13727dcb484eb29f5b1683284&qid=1698601658&sprefix=wings+carolyn+molica%2Caps%2C353&sr=8-1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment