Sunday, November 19, 2023

THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

I was up on the ladder with my camera in my hands, ready to photograph the rocks I painted; I heard a big crack of thunder and then the lights went out.

 

The warehouse had enough natural light for me to see to get off the ladder and go over to check the breakers, but not enough light to get an accurate picture of the rocks to send my boss.

 

It reminded me of how Jesus is the light of the world; without Him we’ll never get an accurate picture of anything that’s going on, just smoke and mirrors. “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, ‘I am the light of the world: he that followeth [is following] me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life’” (John 8:12). Light dispels darkness, “For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness” (2 Sam 22:29). What a great promise. We can repeat this scripture to ourselves until we believe it and expect the Lord to shed light on any dark areas in our lives.

 

The lights in the warehouse came back on slowly. Sometimes it’s that way with things for us too—we want to understand; we need more light from Jesus on the subject; we pray about it and the truth comes to us slowly, a little at a time. At other times Jesus illuminates our circumstances like a flood light and everything becomes clear.

 

Lord, bring on the light in our relationships, our finances, our ability to follow You, our understanding of current events and end time events, our part in politics and community, and our many small or big choices in everyday life.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

VOLUME 2 OF BIBLE LESSONS FROM NATURE is being proofed now and should be out by Christmas 😊. Get your copy of Volume 1 today at https://www.amazon.com/BIBLE-LESSONS-NATURE-Carolyn-Molica/dp/B0BV4GC859/ref=sr_1_1?crid=QACB0S8NH0BF&keywords=bible+lessons+from+nature&qid=1676485121&sprefix=%2Caps%2C222&sr=8-1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment