Sunday, April 21, 2024

GOD'S LOVE

GOD’S LOVE

God loves us unconditionally. Matthew 5:45 says God “maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” And Romans 2:4 tells us: “The goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance.” Sometimes it takes a lot of convincing, but even in our human relationships, if we absolutely know and see it in action, that someone truly loves us, we want to reciprocate. 

 

Everyone wants to feel that they matter to someone, and you matter to God. He has a wonderful plan for your life. I once heard a Bible teacher give the listeners this challenge: “I want you to say, ‘God loves me unconditionally,’ 50 times a day and then watch for His love.’” So, I tried it.

 

Wow did I have some big surprises. I was doing pretty well until I went out on my patio and started to re-pot a few plants. One of the plants was super heavy, and I was very intense on getting it out of the one pot and into the other without hurting myself. Then I was moving everything around and sweeping and working hard. I love doing this, but I realized that I was so intense that I didn’t think about God much.

 

During those intense times when we’re working so hard to produce, we may forget that the Lord is right there with us. The first time I did the “God loves me” challenge, the transplanting project knocked the challenge right out of me. I didn’t say, “God loves me unconditionally,” even one time! Maybe if I’d relaxed a little more and said my quote, I would have enjoyed myself more and not stressed out my shoulder muscles!

 

But the next day after the flowerpot incident, I was at work, and I had a project that was on a tight deadline. All day long I was saying “God, You love me unconditionally. I matter to you. You have a wonderful plan for my life.” I kept a tally, and during work alone, I said this or a version of it 75 times. And in spite of the difficulty of my project, I finished it in time. I was happy while I did it, and it turned out well.

 

How about taking on this challenge for the upcoming week? Keep a record and try to say some version of “God loves me unconditionally” 50 times each day.  Let’s see what happens.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

All of my books and booklets are available on Amazon. I’m now working on Volume 3 of  WINGS: A JOURNEY IN FAITH. Thanks for the prayers, as I have a lot of material to go through for this one. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Carolyn-Molica/e/B007GZO1HA?ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_15&qid=1651431514&sr=8-15

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment