Sunday, January 27, 2013

Where Do I Fit In?

WHERE DO I FIT IN?

I walked up to the door with my witnessing partner. It was my turn to talk. I was totally nervous—terrified! I was supposed to introduce myself and tell them I was from the Way Biblical Research Group. We knocked on the door and a young woman opened it to us. After an uncomfortable pause, I blurted out, “Hello, my name is Carolyn Molica. I’m from the Bay Wiblical...oh crap!” I turned all shades of red and shrunk away. My partner had to take over from there.

I never got much better at the cold turkey approach to witnessing. Some people loved it, but it has never been my thing at all.

If you’re anything like me, you want to serve God and desire to be the best Christian you can be, but you want to know exactly in what capacity God’s called you to serve.

Several passages in the New Testament compare the body of Christ to the human body. Every cell in the natural body is important and does something unique and even has a unique place where it works best. You have millions of skin cells (19 million per square inch) and even though they have similar functions, they’re located all over and are unique to their own area and they know instinctively what they are to do.

When it comes to the body of Christ, we can walk around wondering for years what our particular service for Christ should or could be. Where do I fit in best?

If you’re someone who knows what your ministries are and you’re busily doing them, great. But if you only kind of know and aren’t absolutely sure what the Lord’s designed for you, I’m going to suggest something I did recently that settled all my questions. I think it will do the same for you.

What I’m suggesting is going to the website of my friend Dale Sides. He heads up a group called Liberating Ministries for Christ International. One of the main focuses of his ministry is to liberate others’ unique ministries in the body. In all my years as a believer I’ve never found anything like this and honestly I can tell you it’s been a tremendous blessing. Go the website www.lmci.org  to the home page. Scroll down to the bottom and on the left side click on the Spiritual Gifts Evaluation and follow the instructions. If you have any trouble, e-mail me and I can help you. They will send you a password to your e-mail. There’s no financial or any other obligation. Dale’s heart is to help people like us who want to know for sure in what capacities we serve best.

As a result of my inquiry I found that there was a very good reason I was no good at the door to door witnessing—I’m called to minister to the body of Christ, not cold turkey evangelizing.

PS. I’m not telling you to become a partner of Dale’s ministry. That choice is totally up to you. I’m not even a member myself at this time. But the evaluation exercise he makes available is of tremendous value.

No comments:

Post a Comment