Wednesday, January 15, 2014

ON TARGET? OR BEING YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY? - BV3


When I heard him speak, it was exciting. I could really learn some good tips from this guy. He had a free class scheduled two months away and I felt in my spirit that I should go, but would I really make it?

The day came and I’d gone out to dinner with friends the night before and was really busy on the morning of class day. I could have easily stayed home and watched a movie.

But the pull was in me, so in spite of contrary circumstances, I made myself go. When I got there, I slid up to the table into the only seat left. The speaker began, “This is the first class of the year and I’ll be doing one each month through December.” I had no idea this was going to be a year-long FREE class on the very subject of my dreams—writing, taught in a fun way, by an expert in the field. I was thrilled to be there!

I encourage you to follow your dreams and when the Holy Spirit urges you to do something, go for it and don’t try to talk yourself out of it. We can be our own worst enemies when we don’t take the needed action toward our dreams.

I was so energized and excited after the first class. It was amazing! The Lord IS amazing! He will give us the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4), and the way to get there.

If we think our dreams are something we’ll get in the long run, we’ll only achieve them if we’re willing to take one sprint at a time. Making myself go to class was one of my sprints.   

Love, Carolyn

You can download the HOLIDAY section of my book, WINGS –This Thursday thru Monday FREE on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment