Wednesday, October 14, 2015

THAT'S NOT ME


I got in the car and started backing out. The passenger-side mirror got caught on the side of the garage door so I moved up a little and tried again. And it got caught again. Then I pulled up a little and in to the left as far as I could go without hitting a stack of boxes. I tried backing out again, to no avail. Then I got angry, cranked the steering wheel to the left with a jerk and hit the stack of boxes.

Eventually I did manage to get the car backed out, but I was mad: “Who moved the boxes so close and who the heck parked this car anyway?!

I got about two blocks away and I was still all fired up, mad as heck. Then I caught myself: “Wait a minute, that’s not me!” Those thoughts aren’t from the Christ in me. Luke 17:6 came to mind: “Say unto this sycamine tree, be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.” I said out loud, “Anger I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ. Get out. I’m not having you. I call you plucked up by the roots. And anger you don’t have any good fruit so I call you dried up from the roots.” I thought of Jesus talking to the unfruitful fig tree. And “in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots” (Mk 11:21).

The insane anger I had over the silly garage incident immediately left and I had a great day.

Love, Carolyn

Check out my WINGS series on Amazon or email me to get a free pdf file at cjmolica@hotmail.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment