Wednesday, November 4, 2015

PEANUT'S NEW SHIRT AND THE $100.00 BILL


Summer 2014: Lightening, thunder, wind, rain in sheets and big drops. 15 minutes of torrential rain blowing hard in every direction, then done. That’s our typical summer storm here in Las Vegas and we had one this Sunday.

On Monday I came home from shopping, got out of my car and walked across the lawn toward the new water dish I put out for the wild birds. I wanted to see if the rain had filled it up. I looked down and there in front of the dish was a neatly folded $100.00 dollar bill. My instinct made me look around quickly to see if anyone was looking for it, but there was no one around. I picked it up and put it into my pocket. I’ve picked up pennies and even quarters, but never a $100.00 bill. I smiled.

Someone must have lost it in the storm, but no one was coming around to claim it. And I found it just in time, because a few minutes later my lawn guys came and they would have either found and kept the money, or chopped it up in a million little pieces in the lawn mower.

I tried to figure out why God would drop me the $100.00 but I couldn’t connect it to anything at all. I don’t believe in coincidence. Saying something is a coincidence is man’s attempt to explain away what he has no control over. I tried to tie it to some good deed, but everything I could think of fell flat and the Lord wasn’t talking. It wasn’t until 2 days later that I understood.

I was buying dog food and bought Peanut, my little dog, a shirt just because I love the little guy and I thought he’d like it. Then it dawned on me that my $100.00 bill had come to me the same way. The Lord gave it to me just because He loves me and He thought I’d like it. And He was right. I liked it a lot.

We receive God’s grace, not just because we are desperate, or because we pray so hard or any of those other religious things we do. We can pray and believe and fast and a lot of other things, but then there’s the extra blessings God sends “just because He wants to.” He doesn’t have to wait for a holiday or birthday. Any day will do. It’s kind of like random acts of kindness. We have the opportunity to follow His example and drop a special blessing on someone every once in a while. It’s fun.

God told Moses, “I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy” (Exodus 33:19).

Keep it up Lord! And thank you so much!”

It’s been more than a year since this happened and Peanut still enjoys his shirt and I still enjoy the memory of finding the neatly folded $100.00!

Love, Carolyn

If you’d like a FREE pdf file or word document of my booklet, UPGRADING TO GOD’S REALITY, let me know at cjmolica@hotmail.com . Check out my other books at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&index=aps&keywords=WINGS%20Carolyn%20molica&linkCode=ur2&tag=jmbcsds-20&linkId=XQMVLVZYNBLYAGEM

No comments:

Post a Comment