Wednesday, May 18, 2016

JESUS' NATURE TAKES OVER AND REBELLION FADES AWAY

JESUS’ NATURE TAKES OVER AND REBELLION FADES AWAY
My boss wanted me to paint on the sculpture’s hand but I wanted to finish what I was painting on the leg. My rebellious nature wanted me to argue and give the reason why my idea was better. But I didn’t say anything because something has changed.

That rebellious nature I’ve exhibited since a child has dissipated and I’ve watched myself take on a much humbler and yielding attitude. It’s like being outside myself looking at a totally different person. It has to be Jesus’ new nature in me because it’s certainly not the old Carolyn. I hardly recognized my new self.

On my last several jobs I found it easy to yield to my bosses and fellow workers. I’m more sensitive to their wishes. If they asked for a suggestion, I gave it, but I didn’t butt in with what I thought. And the thing is, I’m loving it. It’s fun and peaceful and rewarding and most of all, it’s not fake!

Only Jesus Christ could make that change in me so remarkable and permanent. And why it happened now instead of years ago, I can’t tell you. I’m just so pleased to see it.

I was a rebellious child, an even more rebellious teenager and it continued in my personality over the years. I think most people have issues with rebellion of one sort or another. It’s because rebellion was inherited from the first man, Adam, and it was passed down through generations in the blood.

But the birth of the second Adam, Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 15:45), changed the nature of human blood for those who receive him: “The first man, Adam, became a living soul (an individual);” the last Adam (Christ) became a life-giving spirit [restoring the dead to life].”

Once Jesus was born, there was one man with an uncontaminated, non-rebellious nature in His blood. That is a really big deal; no wonder a multitude of angels showed up and were rejoicing at His birth: “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men’” (Luke 2:13-14).

New blood and consequently a new nature was introduced on earth. Jesus didn’t get his blood from his mother, Mary, but from God. Jesus’ blood was not prone to disobedience, rebellion, pride, or other human failings.

When people get born again, they receive that new nature of Jesus. There are at least 19 million cells in one square inch of skin and each one is affected by DNA and blood. The pure life blood of Jesus effects every cell in us.

The old nature begins to fade and Jesus’ nature takes over. Some things may change immediately, but others take time, but they will happen when we keep seeking the changes only He can produce.

Jesus’ meek nature was working in my blood for years until it just suddenly popped out as the new true me and I’m so much happier now.

Jesus says this about being faithful: “Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord (Matt. 25:23).

“And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment” (Mark 12:30). He knows that if we will continue to love Him, the gift of His son Jesus Christ will continue to bless us and change our very natures to be more like His.

Second Corinthians 3:18 tells us: “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

The word “glory,” that we change into, is translated from the Greek word “doxa” which means “magnificence, majesty, brightness, personal excellency, dignity and grace.” It just gets better and better.

Love, Carolyn

QUESTIONS AND EASY CHALLENGES
1. Name one supernatural change you’ve experienced in your life. What supernatural changes would you like to experience?
2. Where did Jesus’s blood come from?
3. How many cells are in one square inch of skin? Does the nature of Christ effect those cells?
4. Cite a verse where Jesus talks about being faithful in a few things.
5. What is the first commandment (in the New Testament)? Cite the scripture.

6. When we change “into the same image from glory to glory,” what is the Greek word for “glory” and what does it mean? What would that mean for you personally?

No comments:

Post a Comment