Sunday, May 1, 2016

JESUS SHOWED ME A NEW WAY TO LOOK AT CAR REPAIRS

JESUS SHOWED ME A NEW WAY TO LOOK AT CAR REPAIRS
When I got out of the truck after work on Friday, I could smell the radiator. The engine was way overheating so I had to make a car appointment for Saturday morning. I really hate doing car repairs, so as I was listening to a teaching before my appointment, I started to make a list of all the things we WON’T have to do in heaven. Car repairs was at the top of the list!

I only got to the second thing when Jesus stopped me. He said, “That’s not a good way to think about it. Think of it as an adventure with people.” So I changed my attitude and the atmosphere seemed to change too.

Off we went in the rain to get the truck fixed. Even that was fun! It was early in the morning and because of the rain, it felt fresh and alive in the air. The woman who helped us at the car place was super nice and they got my little truck into the garage and started working on it immediately.

We had packed our computers with us and since there was only one other guy in the waiting room, we used the empty chairs to set them up and get our work done.

The repair went quickly and the mechanic was really good. We even got an extra benefit from the adventure: we found out that they do air conditioning too. We only have one vehicle, and my regular mechanic said he might have to keep it for two days to do the A/C, which would have meant I would have to rent a car for the time he had my truck. So now that problem is totally solved.

Every day it seems I am learning to trust God and His son Jesus Christ more. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Prov. 3:5-6).
I hope that I will remember to look at more of the things I used to consider unpleasant, with the attitude of: “It’s an adventure with people.” If Jesus is with me, it can’t be that bad.
Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment