Sunday, August 27, 2017

JESUS REPAIRS RELATIONSHIPS AND MAKES THEM BETTER THAN EVER

JESUS REPAIRS RELATIONSHIPS AND MAKES THEM BETTER THAN EVER
We all get our hearts hurt a time or two in this life. We just don’t have the ability as a human, to never hurt or disappoint someone we love. It’s not that people are intentionally evil or mean, but stuff happens. Psalm 118:8 is the very middle verse of all the verses in the Bible. It says: “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.” A while back I was deeply hurt by someone I never expected it from. She got married and never told me. I only found out afterwards by someone else. My heart reeled; I felt broken and my soul was devastated.

It tore me up for weeks. It was over a month and finally I couldn’t take the pain anymore. I had to settle it; I had to know why I wasn’t told. Even if she got mad at me, I had to know. I prayed and the Lord urged me to make the phone call. By the end of the evening, I got a full understanding of what had happened. There were major complications in the wedding plans. Lots of things changed and things got missed.

When I understood what happened, I could finally just forgive and forget. I let it go and my soul was freed of the pain. It was such a relief.

Though my heart had been crushed, I learned two very important lessons:  1. Handle heart issues as soon after the incident as possible, and 2. Don’t put your confidence in people. Even the best of them can hurt you. It doesn’t mean we stop loving people, but it does mean we have to go back to what God says about trusting Him and the Lord Jesus above all else.

Psalm 147:3 says: “He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.”

Jesus said this about His commissioning from God: “He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives” (Luke 4:18). Sometimes I feel like those two phrases can relate to the same thing. When our hearts are broken, the painful emotions take us captive until we can finally get free. Time heals, but it doesn’t always make us totally free from the hurt. Only Jesus can do that.

John 8:32 says: “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”  I could guess a hundred possible scenarios as to why I wasn’t told about the wedding, but in the end I wouldn’t have guessed the real truth. I got the real truth because I prayed to get it and the Lord answered my prayer quickly.

When our hearts are broken and our souls devastated, our trust in Jesus will absolutely help us to rebuild, repair and heal. We go through the pain and though it’s so hurtful at the time, later we look back and say: “Now I understand.” And then we can go on. The resilience of the human heart and soul is astounding.

We survive; we get understanding; we get through sorrows; we get through struggles; we get through pain; and we can rebuild.

God promises in Psalm 23:3: “He restoreth my soul.”

My pain lasted a month and my recovery took place miraculously in only one day. I asked for His help and did as He guided me to do. I made it through and now I can honestly say my relationship with that person is so great, it’s as if the hurt never happened at all. We are very close now.

This kind of miracle mending comes with Jesus. It feels very different from anything else!

Love, Carolyn

I have many inspiring booklets on Amazon for only $.99! Download one today.


No comments:

Post a Comment