Sunday, June 24, 2018

GETTING IT DONE -- TOGETHER

GETTING IT DONE -- TOGETHER
Summer 2016
My friend Wendy was in a bind with the deadline on some of the props she was painting for a large Summer Festival. She asked if I could help her today and even though I had planned to do something else, I said yes. Wendy is a good friend and I knew she really needed the help. So that’s what I’ve been doing from 6 a.m. this morning till 6 p.m. tonight.

The Bible tells us that we need to “be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving our own selves” (James 1:22).

What is the benefit, my fellow believers, if someone claims to have faith but has no [good] works [as evidence]? Can that [kind of] faith save him? [No, a mere claim of faith is not sufficient—genuine faith produces good works.]

“If a brother or sister is without [adequate] clothing and lacks [enough] food for each day, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace [with my blessing], [keep] warm and feed yourselves,” but he does not give them the necessities for the body, what good does that do?” (James 2:14-16 AMP).

So, I helped my friend Wendy today and we worked really hard, and through some difficult upsets, but we did it together and it was a blessed day.

Love, Carolyn

Today through Tuesday I’m offering one of my booklets FREE:
WINGS: A JOURNEY IN FAITH - Sample A  - WORDS


This is a sample book with 7 of the 61 chapters from the complete book. The chapters I chose are stories about the words we speak, specifically about the power of words to direct our lives. These chapters are true life stories about the tremendous and varied benefits of choosing words wisely.

New Christian Blog every Wed and Sunday @ Wordpress & Blogger!!

http://wingsajourneyinfaith.wordpress.com/
http://spiritualgrowthchristianity.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment