Wednesday, June 27, 2018

MORNING GLORIES AND THE MORNING STAR

 
MORNING GLORIES AND THE MORNING STAR
Every day when I come home from work I need to go outside and water my morning glories and other flowers. In these over-100-degree temperatures, by the end of the day they are sagging, the leaves wilting and generally looking sad. But about a half hour after giving them water, they perk up. I need Jesus at least as often as my morning glories need water.

Psalm 42:1 says: “As the hart [deer] panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.” I’ve certainly felt that way lately.

I wake up sometimes early in the morning when it’s still dark, crying out in my mind, “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.” I long for His intervention, His answers, His presence. Just calling out His name, I have comfort. I know He’s there, and I go back to sleep easily.

With the many disturbing, confusing and crazy things going on in our world and even in our private everyday circumstances, it’s perfectly okay to cry out for our Lord Jesus. Quantum physics has proved that an atom, not part of the atom, but the whole atom can be in two places at once. If a physical atom can do that, what about God Almighty or our Lord Jesus Christ?

The Psalmist asked: “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there” (Ps. 139:7-8).

If you need Jesus and I need Jesus, and 150,000 people need Jesus all at the same time, and He’s also sitting down at the right hand of the throne of God (Heb. 12:2) at the same time, how do you think this happens?

One reason God created quantum physics is so that He and Jesus can be anywhere and everywhere they need to be. What an awesome thing that is!

Jesus has already experienced every stressful, confusing, awful situation we encounter and He can and will help us. He's also experienced every great thing we can imagine and can make the most mundane experience exciting and wonderful.

I didn’t even realize until writing this article that my crying out for Him, just even saying His name a few times in my mind, really works. I don’t even have to say a big long prayer or anything like that. Whether I’m just bored or worn out or stressed or disturbed, when I call His name, He’s there, and I’m okay.

My morning glories wait for me to come home from work and give them their much-desired water. A deer pants for the brooks and I call out for my Jesus. Revelation 22:16 says Jesus is “the bright and morning star.” He has been that for me in these recent traumatic times, and He will always be there for us. Call on Him whenever you want. He can be in a lot of places at once!

Love, Carolyn
Photos – (my morning glories thirsty for water) (a section of the reproduction painting I did of von Vogelstein’s “Jesus and the Little Children)

More stories of how to apply Bible truths in everyday situations:



No comments:

Post a Comment