Wednesday, March 13, 2019

THINGS WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ANGELS

THINGS WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ANGELS
What do we really know about angels? Just two days ago I got rid of a couple of female angel images I had up in my house because that’s an inaccurate picture. If you look at the original Hebrew word in the Bible that is translated “angel,” it’s always in the masculine form. All the angels in the Bible are male. And I am sorry to say that there are no fat baby angels in the Bible either. So why did I have pictures of female angels and fat baby angels in my house?

We get so used to seeing certain images in our lives, that we don’t even question them. You can guess how surprised I was when I realized I’d had these images up all these years and never even gave it a second thought until now. But God is always willing to teach us more if we are willing to hear.

After Jesus confronted the attacks of Satan in the wilderness, “Behold, angels came and ministered unto him” (Matt. 4:11). Luke 22:43 says: “There appeared an angel, strengthening him.” If Jesus needed the ministering of angels and the strengthening they could give, don’t you think we do? Of course we do.

Jesus told Peter: “Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?” (Matt. 26:53). Colossians 1:27 tells us it’s “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” God is willing and able to do the same for the Christ in us as He did for Jesus Christ in the flesh. Jesus Christ said He could pray for angels and so we, being the body of Christ now, can do the same.

Jesus declared: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth [is believing] on me, the works that I do shall he do also” (John 14:12). Then He adds: “If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.” Asking for angels' help is one of those “anythings.”

Jesus reiterates this truth in John 16:23: “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you” Asking for angels to help us, is a “whatsoever.”

There’s nothing in God’s Word that says it’s a Christian requirement to receive angels as helpers. But when we get born again, we make Jesus our Lord. Shouldn’t we be willing to follow His example? He received help from angels, and He was able and willing to ask them for help.

If we say we’re unworthy of angels, Jesus says we are worthy. If we say we don’t need them, Jesus did, so why wouldn’t we? Are we more equipped than He was? No way! Never!

In this crazy world do we really think we can get along by ourselves just fine without their help? Or maybe we think it’s up to God to send them when He wants to. But He gave us the power to look at a situation or circumstance and know if we need additional help. It’s not that complicated. Jesus said all we need to do is ask for help, believe and receive. “Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them” (Mark 11:24).

God’s Word is there for us to study up on angels so we will better understand them, what they do, and who they are. With the accuracy of what God’s Word teaches us about angels, we can be more effective ministers for Him, plus receive help for ourselves when we need it the most.

Love, Carolyn


I publish two every week, on FB, WordPress, and Blogger and can send them to an email address, or physical address too.

I sell ALL my e-books and booklets on Amazon, as well as a paperback of my first book.


My book WINGS: A Journey in Faith is on sale in paperback from Amazon and is available in stand-alone parts, sample sections, and also the entire book of 61 chapters in e-book format.


No comments:

Post a Comment