Wednesday, May 22, 2019

PRAYER WORKS GOD'S WILL


PRAYER WORKS GOD’S WILL
My heart thrilled when I received this unexpected message: “You prayed for me in 1979 when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. I had health issues, which caused me to fear that I would lose her.” It wasn’t long after I ministered to this girl that I was sent to a different city and lost contact. I never heard the results of my prayer until 34 years later! The message went on to say, “You said you saw a clear, healthy embryo. Today, she is 33, the mother of two.” Wow, what a blessing! So often we don’t hear back what God did for the people we prayed for or ministered healing to. So how do we know if it worked or not?

I remember when I was living in South Africa and prayed for a friend of ours, Sammy. I laid hands on him and prayed that his kidney stones would dissolve. He ended up in the hospital with appendicitis!

That bothered me for years. I wondered why I didn’t get it right. When I ministered to people after that, I seemed always to have this little doubt coming up, wondering if I got it right. One day the Holy Spirit stopped me from doubting and gave me the answer.

The Lord explained to me, “When you prayed for Sammy, I dissolved the kidney stones instantly. He did have them. You didn’t get it wrong. There was just more, that’s all, and he got that taken care of in the hospital.” Wow, what a simple answer and it set me free! I’ve never doubted myself in this category since.

The answer is simple: When we pray or minister in faith, from our hearts, and do the best we know how then we can be assured that it works. Healing is always God’s will.

In the Old Testament: “For I am the Lord that healeth [is healing] thee” (Exod. 15:26). And in the Gospels, “Jesus went about healing every sickness, and every disease among the people” (Matt. 9:35) and Jesus said, “they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover” (Mark 16:18).

In the Epistles: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth [is prospering]” (3 John 2) and “the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him” (James 5:15).

There are hundreds of scriptures about healing, and many that address specific ailments. We need to look them up, meditate on them, and believe. And if our faith is small in some categories, be assured, with persistence, it will grow.

Paul wrote about the Christians in Thessalonica, “Your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing” (2 Thess. 1:3). Let’s be like the Thessalonians.

No matter how old or young you are, don’t ever doubt yourself when it comes to praying or ministering healing to others. Even if you don’t hear the good results right away, trust God that He has given you the heart of His love and that when you pray or minister, it does work!

Love, Carolyn

QUESTIONS AND EASY CHALLENGES
1. Have you ever had the experience of helping someone or ministering healing, and much later they let you know how much you helped them?
2. Is there anyone in your past you’d like to thank now for something they did to help you? Take a couple of minutes to write out what you want to say, then later send them a letter, e-mail or some communication to let them know.
3. When you ministered healing to someone or prayed for someone, and nothing seemed to happen, did you remember to ask the Lord why not? If you’ve had this happen recall one incident and ask the Lord right now. What’s He telling you?
4. Cite at least two verses in the New Testament about our Lord Jesus that are connected with healing.
5. What verse in the New Testament tells us our faith can grow?


No comments:

Post a Comment