Wednesday, April 22, 2020

GRILL THE BILLS


GRILL THE BILLS
I went to put away my tax papers for this year and I discovered I still had tax papers from over seven years ago, so it was time to “grill the bills.” I tore up water bills, bank account papers, and other stuff, and lit it all on fire. All those things are in the past, just like a lot of my old ways of thinking and living are also in the past. As I grow closer to the Lord, old ways disintegrate and wash away. On FB many people are putting up photos of when they graduated from high school, and so many of my FB friends look so cute, and lovely, and innocent. Wow, was I the only one who was so despondent and depressed at that age? Kind of looks like I was. When my niece and I were going through some old photos a month ago, I made her throw my graduation picture in the trash because it was so awful! (It’s on Fb somewhere, but yikes!)

Anyway, the only good thing about that picture, is that it’s not me now! Thank God!

Lately I’ve become more aware of how different I am now, than I used to be. It’s really exciting to feel like I’m not struggling to change, but I just am changed.

When I put my old papers in the grill and set them on fire, they burned down to ash. But to make sure they wouldn’t flare up again, I got the hose out and flooded them with water till they were totally mush. That goes right along with being washed clean by God, like it says in First Corinthians 6:11: “But ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Second Corinthians 5:17 tells us: “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

For a long time, I couldn’t tell you how many things had changed in me. I thought I was pretty much the same as I’d always been. I was wrong. Now, in looking back, I do see the changes. I see what has been grilled, burned, and washed away. And now that I can see it, I’m pretty excited to make a list of what changes really have taken place. A life transformed – great stuff (not because of me, but because of Him!).

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment