Wednesday, April 29, 2020

PRAYING FOR CELEBRITIES


PRAYING FOR CELEBRITIES
On FB there was a photo of Lady Gaga and Beyonce. For me, the picture showed not their possessed self, but I saw young girls, lost, not even that pretty, and I felt pity for the girls I saw. God showed me that at some time in their past, they felt unworthy of love. Yes, they had some singing talent, but they weren't happy on the inside. This inner turmoil is what the Lord was showing me, and they might even tell you that, if you got to know them personally. But Satan offered them something so different - fame where they would be loved by many! They accepted the demons that would make them famous celebrities. Beyonce has made it public that when she gets up to perform, a different personality takes over. She calls her Sasha.

I never gave celebrities much attention, but with this photo, God woke me up to start praying for a few of them.

There are some good Christians in Hollywood, and Jesus told us we could pray for laborers to be able to reach the people we can’t get to ourselves. “Then saith he unto his disciples, ‘The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest’” ( Matt. 9:37-38).

I’m praying for laborers to be able to get to the hearts of these girls.

Jesus is the answer to rescuing all of us, including crazy celebrities. This week the Lord directed me to read Luke 4:18-19 in answer to what to think about certain celebrities. Jesus tells us:

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

The above scripture comes from Isaiah 61:1-2: “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
and the day of vengeance of our God.”

Certainly, our God will take vengeance on the demons that have taken control of these celebrities. Jesus came to set people free from these demons. There are many ways He can do that. Praying for Jesus’ laborers to find a way into these celebrities’ lives and hearts is what I am inspired to do, but the Lord may show you something else.

No one is exempt from the touch of the Lord when we pray.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment