Wednesday, September 30, 2020

BOOTS AND A VISION WITH EYES OPEN


 

BOOTS AND A VISION WITH EYES OPEN

I’ve been working so much lately that when I sleep, I sleep so soundly that I hardly dream. When this happens, God shows me things in open visions instead. Numbers 24:4 tells us that the prophet Balaam said: “I see a vision from the Almighty, and my eyes are open.” The KJV says that Balaam “saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open.” The translators of the KJV let us know when they added phrases by putting them in italics. In this verse, “into a trance” was added, so don’t worry, you don’t have to be in a trance to see a vision from God. The translators are just trying to let us know that it’s a special spiritual moment.  

 

My vision involved boots. God showed me that the medical system we now have in America, and the educational system, the court system, and some other systems are like boots with lots of dirt clods in them. They needed to be turned upside down, dumping the dirt clods out so they could be clean again, and filled with better stuff. Then last week at work, when I was climbing around on the scaffolding, I felt a little bit of an awkwardness in my walking. I looked down, and my boot must have caught on something because all of a sudden, half the sole was loose. I had to climb around with a flapping sole the rest of the day.

 

When I asked God what this was all about, He told me that some of the dirt-filled boots I’d seen in the other vision had to be repaired, and some re-booted entirely! He told me that my soul and other people’s souls were tiring and getting worn out. Our souls were flapping and hanging down from the overload of dirt clods in the boots of the world around us. In the natural world, I went home that day, and I repaired my boot with some gorilla glue and duct tape, and it worked really well. Then on Friday, the general contractor had a bar-b-que for all of us workers, and there was a raffle. Guess who won something? Me! And guess what I won? A $50 gift certificate to the Boot Barn! So now I can go and buy myself some new work boots.

 

I love how God works with you and me. He just seems to love to show us things and tell us about the world in terms we can easily understand. I don’t have all the solutions for dumping and repairing those institutional boots that He was talking about, but I know He showed me they need it, so I can pray. I can pray for the apostolic ideas to drop to those who can carry out new ideas and new ways to make things work better for us.

 

God communicates in so many ways with us. I pray that some of you will be delighted like I always am with how unique His open visions can be and how really fun they are to receive.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

USER-FRIENDLY BIBLE PRINCIPLES FOR EVERYDAY LIVING

Get your copy today 😊 WINGS: A JOURNEY IN FAITH VOLUME  - You can also see my other books on Amazon under my name: Carolyn Molica

No comments:

Post a Comment