Sunday, July 31, 2022

HEARING GOD'S MESSAGE - TWICE AND IT'S ESTABLISHED

 

HEARING GOD’S MESSAGE – TWICE AND IT’S ESTABLISHED

We all want to hear from God. But how do we learn to recognize His voice? We practice “listening” to our spiritual five senses. God uses these to speak to our hearts, minds, and emotions. But He often puts in a bonus by giving us the DOUBLE. Genesis 41:32 tells us: “And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.”

 

Let me give you an example that happened to me. I heard a teaching about a certain type of demon that I didn’t know anything about—the teacher called it a water spirit. Since I’m very interested in removing demons from God’s people, I thought about looking further into these water spirits. A few days went by, and I thought about it, but I didn’t do anything. Then when I was looking for a picture to go with one of my posts, the photo with the ocean is what I found.

 

At first, when I looked at this picture, I was hesitant about using it. I thought the point of view, so close to the edge, and the waves coming up over the rocks was kind of scary looking. But immediately God reminded me of the scripture: “The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s: but the earth hath he given to the children of men” (Ps. 115:16). God was letting me know that I needed to study this water thing further.

 

What I want you to see is that God doubled His instructions for me: First by HEARING (the teaching), then by SEEING the photo. I’m sure He’s done this for you too. When we see this kind of thing in the Bible, we can expect God to do it for us too. We need to keep our spiritual senses open to His revelations. When God doubles up on a revelation to us, it means we need to pay attention. God gave the same dream to Pharaoh twice to “establish” it. The word used for “establish” in Genesis 41:32 means “fixed, prepared, settled, made firm, set up.”

 

God may work through hearing, seeing, tasting, touching, smelling, or a general sense of just knowing. Let’s be sensitive to those spiritual senses, and the DOUBLE, and respond to what the Lord has for us.

 

Love, Carolyn

 

What if you took an average ordinary person, gave them an incredible cache of weapons and skills to become extraordinary beyond their wildest dreams?

 

My books are full of spiritual truths that will lift up, encourage, and empower God’s people.

https://www.amazon.com/WINGS-Journey-Weekly-Workbook-Christian/dp/B0874LGZ34/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1659284465&sr=8-3

No comments:

Post a Comment