Sunday, August 4, 2013

SCARY EYEBALL

I opened the sliding door and in came my dog Skippy. His left eye looked a little red but nothing too terrible. But by the next day his eye was puffy, red and droopy. It looked awful! I didn’t want to take him to the vet because I had a bad experience with the vet and it left me really skeptical. So now what?

He didn’t appear to be having any pain, so we waited a few days, prayed and waited. But my faith was weak.
Matthew 11:23-24 says that when you pray, believe and don’t doubt. I believed God would heal his eye, but then when I looked at his poor awful droopy red eyeball, I would get worried. I doubted and thought maybe I should take him to the vet, even though I knew in my heart that the vet would do no good. I was like the man in James1:6-8:

For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.

That was me—believing for healing one minute and doubting in the next. What was amazing is that his eye was responding accordingly—it looked healed, and then it would get all red and droopy again. It was confusing and I started feeling guilty about not going to the vet, and also about not believing God for the healing.

After a short period of this going back and forth, my friend said, “Look, Carolyn, you’ve got to agree with me on this healing!” She was right. Jesus said, “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven” (Matt 18:19). We asked and we agreed, but then I had to make my mouth say it every time a doubt crept in.

Second Corinthians 4:8 says, “We look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.” Romans 4:17 tells us to call those things that be not as though they already were.

Abraham did that. It was about 24 years since God had given Abram the promise of being the father of many nations, but nothing had manifested yet. So God told him to start calling himself Abraham instead of Abram. The name Abraham means “father of many nations.” After he started speaking the new name it was within three months that Sarah was pregnant with Isaac. (See Gen 12-18.)

That touched my spirit and I knew I should start doing the same thing. I looked at Skippy and called him “Puppy Healed Dog.” I spoke right to him and said things like “Look at you, your eye is healed. God healed your eye in Jesus name. You’re Puppy Healed Dog.”

After that, his eye took about two weeks to totally heal for good. During those two weeks there were times when his eye went red and droopy again, but this time I didn’t let any words of doubt or fear come out of my mouth. Instead I just kept saying that he was “Puppy Healed Dog,” and the unseen became the seen, just like God promises.

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment