Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A DESTROYING WEAPON IN HIS HAND - Beneath the Veil no.39

I was reading Ezekiel 9 and it was frightening:

“He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.

And, behold, six men came and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side. ...And the glory of God was gone up and he called to the man which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;

Go through the midst of the city and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst.

And to the others he said, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare. But come not near any man upon whom is the mark.

While they were slaying them, I fell upon my face, and cried, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all?

Then said he unto me, The land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not. And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

And, behold, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.”

I am a writer, so I could relate to the man with the inkhorn at his side. The Lord has called me to write what He puts in my heart. I obey. But when I was reading this I was taken back. The writer was assigned by God to find those who had a heart for God. If he happened to miss even one, he would be responsible for them being destroyed! I said, “God, I couldn’t do that without You!”

And He told me, “That is totally true!” I’m glad I don’t have the responsibility to find everyone who has a heart for God these days. I only have the responsibility to find the ones God has put in my path, and that includes all of you.

I believe that the people who read my writings are those who the Lord calls to my writing. We all have different people in the world that we respond to and that respond to us. God made it that way so He could get His messages out to everyone. I pray Mark 4:9 “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear” over the articles I send out. That way I can trust the Lord to take those messages to whoever needs to read them.

I have a friend who works diligently on my promotion (it’s an anointing for her and a huge blessing for me) but ultimately it’s the Lord who does the work of connecting people around the world to the messages He needs them to know from my heart. That’s a great comfort.

In Ezekiel, the writer went to find the believers physically and mark them with ink. Today I get to go by way of the internet with electronically transferred words on a device, as well as by printed words on a page.

I am so thankful that you have chosen to be marked with the ink of my writing. God bless you. We have a heart for God and are free from the “destroying weapon in his hand.”

Love, Carolyn

PS: Any of my books would be good for gifting. You can find them by putting my first and last name in the search box of Amazon or B&N. My books inspire you to reflect on your spiritual potential with the introspective questions at the end of each chapter. Here’s the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=carolyn+mol#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=carolyn+molica&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3Acarolyn+molica

No comments:

Post a Comment