Wednesday, October 30, 2013

LENDING MONEY TO JESUS?? - Beneath the Veil no.42

I wanted to give something to my favorite bank teller who’s having her first baby. I didn’t know exactly what, but then the Lord Jesus told me to give her $100. He didn’t tell me in an audible voice, but more like an urging or prompting from within me. It shocked me because that was a big amount for someone I didn’t really know very well. I questioned Jesus, “Are you sure? Am I just making this up?”

This time I heard the words, “No, you’re not making this up. Give her a hundred dollar bill and a card.” I was still a little doubtful, and my mind was shouting right back at me, “You don’t even give that much to the people you know!”.... “This is weird!”.... “You don’t need to give her that much!”.... “You need that money!” I didn’t know exactly what I would do.

But I’m working on trusting Jesus Christ with all my financial decisions, so I thought maybe this was part of testing my trust, so I went for it. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” In all thy ways. Well, spending money is one of my ways, so I’m making a conscious effort to really involve the Lord with every bit of it.

I answered Him, “Okay, I’m going to do this.” The Lord’s desire was to bless my pregnant bank teller and me too. He led me to Proverbs 19:17 where it says, “He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will He pay him again.” I thought that was pretty wild, “lending to the Lord”?

I knew that when my teller opened that card and found the hundred dollar bill she would be totally shocked. She would never expect money from such an unusual source. Then the thought hit me and I said out loud, “As long as I’m giving it, I think I’ll plant it as seed for money coming back to me from an unusual source too.”

The Lord didn’t waste any time in getting me back the money I let Him borrow to bless this girl! When I came home my roommate gave me exactly $100; she knew nothing about me giving my teller $100. Then, the very next day I got a check in the mail from my mortgage company for $108. That was an unusual source! I also received another $100 that day that didn’t come from my paycheck. So I lent Jesus $100 and He gave me back $300, plus $8 extra! Wild, right?

Trusting the Lord Jesus Christ with my money decisions has sure been a blessing and I can hardly wait to see what other magnificent money maneuvers He has in store for me.

Love, Carolyn

QUESTIONS FOR PONDERING OR DISCUSSION:
1.Have you had times when the Lord asked you to give money to someone or something unusual? Did you do it? What was the outcome?
2.Can you recall receiving money from unusual places? What about times you didn’t have to pay as much as you thought or you received an item for free that you thought you were going to have to pay for?
3.In what other ways has the Lord blessed you financially?

FOR FURTHER STUDY: Deuteronomy 15:7-8, 2 Kings 8:6, Nehemiah 5:11-12, Psalm 126:1-6, Proverbs 22:9, Proverbs 19:17, Proverbs 28:27, Ecclesiastes 11:1, Isaiah 1:19, Luke 6:38, 2 Corinthians 9:6, 9,

The preceding is one of the chapters from my book WINGS: A Journey in Faith . One reader said, “It’s like reading a spiritual reality show!” By sharing my daily discoveries and spiritual adventures, my goal is that others will be able to apply what I’ve learned also.
You can order my book for as low as $12 from Amazon.com. Just type in my full name or the name of the book in the search box.

Until next time......Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment