Wednesday, September 24, 2014

GOD DOESN'T SLEEP

The last couple weeks I was working odd hours and a lot of night shifts, so I was forced to neglect my correspondence on Facebook. Then I got a break and had a few extra hours of awake time. I opened my computer and waiting for me were 98+ notifications, 3 friend requests and 4 messages. I like to keep up with new friends and send personal messages to those who’ve shown interest in my writing, so I knuckled down and got everything done before I went to bed. Correspondence to reply to? Zero! What do you think happened while I slept?

I got up early and checked my computer. I had 98 more notifications, 2 messages and another friend request. My heart’s desire is to “go ye into all the world and preach the gospel,” (Mark 16:15). I do it by writing true life stories about applying God’s Word to everyday situations. I love writing and hearing the responses; It’s just that my writing responsibilities were at zero when I went to bed, and now I had another full load to take care of again. It’s a good thing I believe in what I’m doing.

Then I remembered a promise from the Bible: God does not slumber or sleep. While I was sleeping, He was busy taking care of business for me. “He will not allow your foot to slip or to be moved; He Who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel [His people, which includes us now] will neither slumber nor sleep” (Psalm 121:3-4).

Even while we sleep: God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit and the angels are still working on our behalf to get the gospel around the world, to get our prayers answered and our lives blessed.
Love, Carolyn
If you’d like to see some of the books I’ve written, check out Amazon. Nearly every week I offer something for free. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Wings+Carolyn+Molica

No comments:

Post a Comment