Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WE CAN SEEK THE LORD IN OUR OWN WAY

When someone comes to a hard decision, Christians sometimes are quick to pipe up with the rote answer, “Seek the Lord.” But is that really helpful? Sometimes not.

If someone is struggling with a life changing decision, they may not even know how to seek God and the real truth is that there are many ways.

Instead of asking if they’ve sought His answer, I think a better question is: “When it comes to getting an answer from God, how do you really believe He could get through to you?”
When I was twenty one, I had a very important life decision to make. I didn’t know what to do and everyone around me had a different opinion of what they thought was best for me. I was confused and scared.

I carried my Bible around with me and read it all the time. I believed in it so much, I trusted God would show me in the Bible what to do and I believed that if I randomly let it open to a page, there would be my answer. It fell open to Ephesians 6 and I read the first verse,“Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.” I honestly didn’t like that answer very much, so I repeated the process, not once, but two more times and each time the Bible fell open to a different place, but each time there was another verse about obeying your parents, so that’s what I did.

I have a friend who believes God answers those hard questions when she digs deep enough within herself and gets mad at God. I think it’s really that she finally gets serious enough to boldly demand an answer and it works every time.

I know that some people fast and pray to get solutions to really difficult problems.

What has worked for you in the past? What do you really believe about God? How do you really believe He might be able to get to you?

When Moses asked God who He was, God said, “I am that I am.” Written that way, it doesn’t tell us much, but translated, this means He is whoever we need for Him to be. And He hasn’t changed one bit. God is whoever we need Him to be. He and the Lord Jesus Christ are willing to meet us wherever we’re at.

Gideon put out a fleece and asked for a sign (Judges 6). Some religious people say that we shouldn’t have to do that anymore. I’ve done it before and I’m not ashamed to say it. And sure enough the Lord gave me a sign just like I asked. God is merciful and kind. Whatever we can believe about how He might get those important life changing answers to us, He is willing to meet us because He loves us so much.

Jesus told us that God notices the death of every sparrow, so He certainly cares about us.
The Lord is truly multi-facetted and versatile. Let’s not put rules and limitations on what He’s willing to do for us even now. “For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth” (Matt 7:8)

Love, Carolyn


Hey, Jane tells me we need some reviews on Amazon. If you’ve read anything of mine I’d be so happy if you would take a few minutes to put up a review. Thanks so much. We’re shooting for 20. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Wings+Carolyn+Molica

No comments:

Post a Comment