Sunday, March 18, 2018

REASON TO CELEBRATE

REASON TO CELEBRATE
Every day we have a reason to celebrate. I watched a video of a woman 101 years old who is doing marathons. She races against others who are at least 100 years old as well, and she’s a winner. Minded, their “running” is a fast walk, but how many of us could even do that much?! Applauding what we do well is one way to stretch ourselves out to be able to do more. Daniel 11:32 tells us: “The people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.”

Accomplishment is part of our human makeup. My mom was recently in the hospital for a seizure. They didn’t find any specific cause, but they gave her a medication and now she’s home and back to normal, as if it never happened. I told her she’s doing great and she told me, “It’s wonderful to hear that you think I’m getting better. It gives me a reason to keep going.”  My mom is 88 years old, and sometimes forgets things, so to get confirmation on how well she’s doing, how smart she is and kudos on small accomplishments means a lot to her.  

God tells us: “Every man should enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God” (Eccles. 3:13). How often have we not taken the time to do this? We don’t have to wait for others to tell us we’re doing well. God tells us we should rewarding by enjoying. Enjoying is a state of mind that can influence the well-being of our hearts. God wants us to have a good healthy self-image. And when we’re doing our best to do those good things from the Bible, then we have plenty to celebrate.  

Let’s think of one thing we did well yesterday. Whatever it was, God says we need to take the time to CELEBRATE. It’s His gift to us. The Lord wants us to say: “Hey, I did pretty well at that. Great job! I did it!” The Lord wants us to be blessed and this is just one way He’s given us to put a little more joy in the day.

Proverbs 17:22: “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.”

Love, Carolyn

I would love for you to have a copy of some more of my writing. IT’S FREE thru Tuesday. 

WINGS: A JOURNEY IN FAITH -SAMPLE I - Dealing with People by Carolyn Molica.  

Amazon Link


SAMPLE BOOK with 6 of the 61 chapters from the entire book. In this sample book I’ve chosen chapters specifically about dealing with people. The true stories show the different ways God has to help us be our best in challenging relationships we encounter daily.

Chapters include: MR TILTY HEAD
SHAKING OFF THE GRIT
WHAT IS THE “BLESSING?”
NIT-PICKING
STOPPING NEGATIVE ANTICIPATION
and a special holiday chapter called, CHRISTMAS GETS SCANNED OUT


If you can’t get it on Amazon, let me know, and I’ll send a pdf or word doc to your email. cjmolica@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment