Wednesday, March 14, 2018

WONDERFUL CREATIONS

WONDERFUL CREATIONS
Up at mom’s I have a lot of time to just sit at the window, observe and contemplate. We’re both fascinated by nature and like to study up on whatever bird, animal, or plant we’re looking at. To think that God created every type of living creature so long ago is amazing. The habits of the acorn woodpeckers are so different from the hummingbirds or the turkey vultures. They all came from the very first creation of their kind. And yes, the chicken did come before the egg. God created the first man, Adam, from the earth, and Eve from Adam. Then every person ever to exist came from the union of those two.

The makeup of a human being is so complex, intricate, detailed and still not totally understood. In Psalm 139: 14 David says: “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works.”

Then he goes on to say in verse 15-16a: “My body was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance.” I believe this is talking not only about being in the womb, but also that when God created man from the lowest parts of the earth, He already knew that each of us was going to be born and He loved us.

As important as we are, we are only one of God’s many amazing creations. We could never fully comprehend His magnificent creative genius. Scientists and nature lovers alike are continuing to learn more and more about the brilliant conceptions of our creative, imaginative, spectacular loving God.

David goes on to say in verse 17: “How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand:”

What is innate in the behavior of an acorn woodpecker? A turkey vulture? A patch of lichen or a poisonous hellebore? Spending time up at mom’s, where my television is the back yard, I am having the wonderful opportunity to observe, enjoy, and contemplate some of these other marvelous imaginations of our God’s creation.

Love, Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment