Sunday, February 2, 2020

WHAT WE HEAR AND WHAT WE SAY CAN EVEN CHANGE OUR DNA


WHAT WE HEAR, AND WHAT WE SAY CAN EVEN CHANGE OUR DNA!
Radical changes in things with our family, friends, job, and body can make us react like we did before we knew the Lord. That happened to me recently, but this morning I got my mind clear once again. Romans 12:2 tells us: “Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” We always need to bring our thinking back to what God says, and not anything else.

I was reading an article the other day about these Russian scientists who are studying DNA. They found that in the 90% of DNA that is not producing proteins, there is a set-up that responds to vibrations and language. The scientists proved that our very DNA responds to words and frequencies and that those same elements can alter our DNA. I believe that when a person gets born again of God’s spirit, the spiritual gift we receive gives us the ability to change our DNA to accept and believe what God says and do things His way. But as the Bible says, we have to continue feeding our DNA the right frequencies and the true words of God, so that we don’t go back into the childish responses we might have had in our past.

I’ve been waking up depressed, and alternately, angry. I didn’t know which of many incidents was causing these reactions, but I did know that something was not right. The incidents didn’t warrant the reactions. I realized this morning that I was starting to think and confess way more negative things than positive ones. Jane and I talked and prayed, and now I’m on the up road once again.

Thank God for His mercy and that He never leaves us but is always willing to help us when we need Him so desperately. Even though I falter at times, I know for sure that in the depths of my heart, I will always be clinging tightly to this great truth from Philippians 1:6: “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.”

Years ago, a funny incident happened to me, that illustrates this principle: God has given us the ability to be the person He called us to be. We have an old self, and we have a new self, and the new self in Christ is much better for everyone!

Here’s what happened: I got in the car and started backing out. The passenger-side mirror got caught on the side of the garage door, so I moved up a little and tried again. And it got caught again. Then I pulled up a little and into the left as far as I could go without hitting a stack of boxes. I tried backing out again, to no avail. Then I got angry, cranked the steering wheel to the left with a jerk, and hit the stack of boxes.

Eventually, I did manage to get the car backed out, but I was mad: “Who moved the boxes so close and who the heck parked this car anyway?!”

I got about two blocks away, and I was still all fired up, angry as heck. Then I caught myself: “Wait a minute; that’s not me!” I listened to a preacher talk about those times when he did or said something that was totally of the flesh and not the Spirit. He called these outbursts “fits of carnality.”

Those thoughts weren’t from the Christ in me. Luke 17:6 came to mind: “Say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.” I said out loud, “Anger, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ. Get out. I’m not having you.”

The record of Jesus talking to the unfruitful fig tree also came quickly to mind:  “And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he [Jesus] came, if haply he might find anything thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, ‘No man eat fruit of thee hereafter forever.’ And his disciples heard it. In the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots” (Mark 11:13,14 and 21).

So I spoke to my anger in the same way: “I call you plucked up by the roots. And anger, you don’t have any good fruit, so I call you dried up from the roots.”

The insane anger I had over the silly garage incident immediately left, and I had a great day.

What we hear and what we say can even change our DNA! God’s given us the ability to better ourselves. And to those of you younger people who will be having children, you will be passing on your DNA. Give them your best!   

Love, Carolyn


QUESTIONS AND EASY CHALLENGES
1. Have you ever caught yourself being mean or angry and wondered, “Where did that come from? That’s not me!” Describe the incident.
2. In a situation where you’ve had a “fit of carnality,” were you able to arrest it? How?
3. What verses or self-talk did, or could you use to back off a “fit of carnality” incident?
4. Recently, what kinds of things have you done or said that are like the fig tree that had no good fruit? What are some things you are considering to do confront and change those futile/fruitless actions or words?


No comments:

Post a Comment