Sunday, March 8, 2015

ATTACKED FROM ALL SIDES? CALL ON GOD AS JEHOVAH-NISSI FOR TOTAL VICTORY

I got up at 3:30 a.m., went into the kitchen to make coffee and when I turned on the light, I noticed two small bugs (about 1/16th to 1/8th inch at most) scurrying across the counter.  I smashed them and didn’t think much more about it. The next morning as I turned on the light I saw a couple more.  Then the next morning, more. I opened up the dishwasher and OMG! More than just a couple hiding at the top. I freaked out, called the exterminator, and put some dead ones in a jar for him. I had no idea of what was coming next.

My kitchen was being attacked. Now there were bigger ones too, about ¾ inch long and they looked like some kind of weird roach. They seemed to be hiding everywhere. I’d turn on the light and they’d scurry away, then I’d see them dropping down by the dog’s dish, coming out of the corners by the oven and going up the wall by the cabinets. I lifted the lid of my beautiful new Keurig coffee pot to make my morning coffee and one was staring back at me from inside. I could see it’s eyes and it seemed to be defying me in an almost human way. It was horrifying! That was the last straw and I was totally freaked out. I called the exterminator, he came over and determined they were German roaches. Together we took up the fight against these quickly multiplying attackers. It was a much longer fight than I wanted it to be and there were times I honestly didn’t know if I would win.

Early in the battle I asked God what the heck was going on.  He directed me to start studying the Amalekites in the Bible and He would show me the spiritual background to this attack and what to do about it.

I learned that the Amalekites were a semi-nomadic tribe. They moved around but if they found a cozy place to take over, they would. They were a formidable people. The devil spirits acting through these people were schemers and shrewd. Their method was to attack in devious ways from all sides, like in guerilla warfare, in a way that wouldn’t be noticed until it was too late. They were driven and didn’t give up. They would wear the Israelites down by relentless attacks, stealing their peace of mind along with anything else they could get their hands on.

In Exodus God says He is at war with Amalek from generation to generation. (Ex 17:16). Our battle is spiritual and I call these types of devil spirits “Amalekite spirits,” whether they work through people, animals, objects or horrible roaches.

In 1 Samuel 15:18 God tells Saul that the only way to get rid of them is to “utterly destroy the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.” Saul apparently thought that it would be okay to keep the king alive and keep the sheep and oxen and some other spoils as well. But God knew the Amalekite spirits could occupy much more than just the warriors, so all the people, the livestock and the possessions were to be destroyed. Saul didn’t obey and the consequences were devastating. He lost his kingship, his sanity, his kingdom and his life.

From Exodus 17 we learn that it takes vigilance to defeat Amalekites. Joshua was at the head of the battle, but Moses was in charge. When Moses lifted up the rod of God, Israel prevailed. When he got weary and let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. Moses had to have two other guys help him to hold up the banner of God to the very end of the battle and to victory.

That is such a lesson for us today. In the middle of a fight against this type of spiritual attack, there’s no room for getting tired. Even Moses needed help. And if we get weary we better find good knowledgeable people to help us too; it will make the difference between victory and defeat.

When it was over, Moses built an altar to God, to honor Him in His capacity as Jehovah-nissi.  It means “The Lord is my banner.” It is the name of God which puts the enemy to flight. As it says in Isaiah 59:19, “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.” Jehovah-nissi was considered a name under which Israel could rally for victory. The Lord’s name was the battle cry.

The bugs that attacked my kitchen were of the same spiritual ilk as the Amalekites that attacked Israel. They came in like a flood.

Calling on God as Jehovah-nissi, in the name of Jesus Christ, I got total victory in this horrible attack. It took determination and diligence for what seemed like forever (several months actually). Like Moses, I had to get help. My exterminator was awesome. We became good friends and he ended up leaving the “special spray” with me so I could go after the bugs in between his visits.

I had to not only destroy the roaches, but I also had to destroy every item they touched. I didn’t want to end up like Saul. I got rid of the dishwasher, coffee machine, other electrical appliances (they liked warm cozy places) and much more, but it was totally worth it.

When the very last bug was destroyed, I realized that they had started eating each other and the toxins in the insecticide had utterly consumed them until every last one was dead. Gross, but true. That was several years ago and they have never returned. Thank God!

I hope you never have to encounter this type of spirit in people, animals, bugs or in any other creatures or objects. But if you or someone you know ever has that misfortune, I’ve given you the scriptures to go to and the ammunition you need. Use it.

Love, Carolyn


My WINGS: A Journey in Faith book has many keys to seeing Jesus Christ as an integral part of your everyday affairs. Here’s the link to find it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/WINGS-Journey-Heavenly-Workbook-Christian-ebook/dp/B007T9AJ7E/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1425831592&sr=8-15&keywords=Wings+Carolyn+Molica

No comments:

Post a Comment