Wednesday, March 18, 2015

FOR THOSE LEFT BEHIND

I listened to the woman on YouTube speaking about the second coming of the Jesus Christ. She talked about what the people on earth would have to endure after all the born again believers are gone. It didn’t occur to me until a couple days later that her talk was not as much for us now as it was for the people who would be left behind! WOW!

We are told several places in the Bible that no man knows when that day will be. But we are to be ready, “watch and be sober” (1 Thess 5:6).

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord” (1 Thess 4:16-17).

This woman was more than ready. Her teaching struck a note with me and I had this thought: If Jesus came tomorrow there would be turmoil and anyone who was not a believer when He came, would still be here. That means people that we know, including neighbors, friends, family members, store owners. Most of them would know that we are Christians, so with the chaos, they could end up at our house. Since we don’t take anything with us when Jesus comes for us, all our stuff is left.

Would there be blankets for them? Water? Food? But my big question is: What would they find in my house that would be spiritual food to help them to turn to Jesus and receive eternity in heaven?

What’s in your apartment, house, dwelling? If Jesus came tomorrow, would there be a Bible? Some good teaching on your compute? Books that would help them to find the truth about Jesus Christ?

Or would there be lots of extraneous things that wouldn’t really be that helpful?

Proverbs 15:6 says, “In the house of the righteous is much treasure.” 1 Corinthians 1:30 says we are righteous. So what kinds of treasures are in our house?

I remember several years back I looked around my house at the pictures I had on my walls. I had Jesus in my heart, but I didn’t have much on my walls that indicated my love for Him. So I changed that.

You would be right to guess that in the next few days I’ll be taking an inventory of what’s in my house. If Jesus comes soon, I want to be kind enough to leave some obvious breadcrumbs for those left behind.

Love, Carolyn

John 14:3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
                                             
Revelation 22:20 “Surely I come quickly. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”


Find more great keys to living in the “now” with the Lord Jesus Christ in your everyday life. WINGS: A Journey in Faith http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Wings+Carolyn+Molica

No comments:

Post a Comment