Sunday, March 15, 2015

GOD SENDS RAIN TO PUT OUT THE FIRE

Driving to my appointment I came closer and closer to the nearby mountains. Huge red and black clouds piled up high into the sky. They swelled fatter and taller and I felt smaller and smaller.

They crawled slowly and powerfully up into the sky like some thick ghostly monster. The heavy acrid smell of smoke filled the air. It was like the times I started a fire in my fireplace and forgot to open the flue. I’d have to throw open the sliding glass door to my patio and run out to get some fresh air.

This time I WAS out, in the big open Las Vegas valley but there was no fresh air to be had. It was eerie and claustrophobic and I didn’t like it.

I had a vision of what it might feel like being up there at close range with the firefighters, our heads tilted back as we looked straight up, a wall of gray and red thick heat forcing us backwards. The vision was threatening. I knew I had to do something before the fire on the mountain became any more serious.

Many people prayed. I asked God to send rain to our desert and put a stop to the red and black monster. He answered that prayer. The rain came, drenched the fire and the remaining embers were totally out in three days.

Our God is GREAT and MIGHTY. “The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool” (Is 66:1 and Acts 7:49). He made all the planets, all the stars, all the galaxies and all the universes. He is in charge of the winds and the set the boundary of the oceans. He is God Almighty and the Lord of Sabaoth (Lord of all the elements). He can do LARGE!

Our God created all the elements that exist and gave Jesus Christ power over all. “And Jesus spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth” (Matt 28:118).

Those clouds were huge, the smoke suffocating and the fire fearsome. But our God is BIGGER! We need to respect HIM. He gave Jesus, His son, so much power and in turn Jesus made it available to us, as part of His body. He said, “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it” (John 14:13-14).
That’s why we can command the elements to obey. They are subject to their creator God and He set it up “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” (Phil 2:10). In ministering I often use that scripture. It works and it’s powerful and I love it.
What this means is that ANY element or combination of elements—abnormal cells, a set of muscles out of place, a dropped bladder, a storm, a demon, ALL elements have to be in submission to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
And God will honor our faith as we step out on this truth about His authority and dominion. “And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following” (Mk 16:17-20).
When other believers and I prayed for rain to put out the fire on Mt. Charleston, God answered.
Another time I prayed and God stopped the rain. I was at a Christian survival adventure. It included rock climbing. I had gone with several “city folks” who hadn’t even done much camping. When it came to the day we were to do the climb, the leaders went to set it up as we waited below. Dark clouds built up over us and it began to pour. I found shelter under a big rock, began to pray and got a revelation: The people’s fear brought the rain so they wouldn’t have to do the climb. I knew it was true.
Scrambling up to where the leaders were, I told them we had to pray. I prayed in the name of Jesus Christ and used Philippians 2:10 as I took dominion over the clouds and demanded a clear sky. The clouds dissipated and the sky opened up over us. We were able to climb and there were great personal victories for all of us.
These kinds of things are not just for preachers to do, but they are for ALL believers who will dare to believe in the power over the elements that God first gave to Jesus and then to us, through the mighty use of His name, Jesus Christ.
Love, Carolyn

Many of my sample books (6 to 7 chapters each) are available for only $.99 on Amazon. The narratives are true examples of how to make Jesus Christ a vital part of your everyday life. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Wings+Carolyn+Molica

No comments:

Post a Comment