Sunday, March 22, 2015

WHEN HOLY SPIRIT ENERGIZES YOUR WORDS


Steve-O told me he didn’t really like horror films and then asked me if I did. What happened next surprised me.

I barely got the first words out when I felt a powerful stirring from within. It was from my belly and not my brain. I felt strong and energized as these words came out of my Spirit: “Yes. I like to watch sci-fi, monster flicks, superheroes and movies about the devil—I need to know what he’s up to so when he attacks my friends I’m ready and I know how to back him off!” My words surprised me; I had no idea I was going to say that, but when I did. . .

I said it with conviction and I knew I was speaking from the Spirit of God within me. Sometimes truths get confirmed straight out of our bellies because that’s where the Holy Spirit dwells. The words bypass the rationalizations and limitations of our minds. I love it when that happens.

In this situation, the Holy Spirit in me connected to the words of my friend and when I opened my mouth I spoke a revelation that I hadn’t known up until that moment. This happened to Elisabeth when Mary came to stay with her. Mary said a few words of greeting and “when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she spake out with a loud voice” (Luke 1:41-42). What came out of her mouth was a prophecy regarding Mary and the birth of Jesus.

God has a great sense of humor and often what we hear ourselves say (or write) it’s even a surprise to us! When Peter had a vision on his rooftop about eating all kinds of things that were against the Jewish laws, Peter told God he wanted nothing to do with that.

But then when he ended up at a Gentile’s house, Peter began to talk and was shocked to hear and see what followed: Cornelius and all his household got born again and spoke in tongues just like the Jews. For Peter this was a shocker. He was expecting the new church to be only for Jews. As he spoke, it was a new revelation to him and he welcomed it, “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him” (Acts 10:34-35).

This kind of energizing is thrilling and something we can keep in mind this week. I’m praying that you have the exciting opportunity to experience it for yourselves. Keep praying for people, forgiving and making yourself available to walk in love as Christ leads you.

Love, Carolyn

WINGS: A Journey in Faith, the entire book of 60 chapters is only $5.00. Download from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/?&tag=jmbcsds-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=ur1&adid=1HRCP3BE83R25MRBEG6R

No comments:

Post a Comment