Wednesday, January 22, 2020

NO COINCIDENCES

  

My friend permitted me to share her post from yesterday. I thought it was a great story on how God alerted her to make sure she stayed safe 😊
NO COINCIDENCES! By Reggie Greenleaf
“I am a firm believer that if we will just tune into God that He will continually keep our feet from trouble. Now even the best of us are not perfect at it, but boy am I thankful that He is constantly trying to get through to us. I experienced this in a big way in the early hours this morning!

Lulu, because of the heart condition, typically has to go out twice a night. She will start coughing, and that alerts me that she probably needs to go out. Sometimes she will just give a little cough and turn over. This morning around 3:45 she started coughing. Then she stopped and I thought maybe I might get to lay there for a little while longer before going out in the cold to take her and Big Dog out.

She kind of moved around, and I had the thought to go ahead, get up, and take them out. We went out at 12:30, and at 3:45, she was about at her max, so I got them up, trudged through the house and as I got to the deck door, I realized that I had forgotten to turn the lights out on the porch.

I have strings of outdoor Christmas lights that I have plugged into the porch light receptacle and they light up most of my yard so I can see the dogs and also any danger that might present itself.

As I was getting ready to step out the door, I heard a little pop and looked at the receptacle and saw sparks arching out from the piece that holds the plugs for the lights! I quickly turned off the light switch and unplugged everything.
Then I had to go find a flashlight so that I could see the dogs and the yard. As if this wasn't nerve-racking enough, I realized this morning that there were numerous flammable items. (hornet spray, paint, etc.) sitting in close proximity to the sparks.

My early morning venture could have been so much more disastrous had I not paid attention to that voice that said get up. I do not doubt at all that it was God who prompted Lulu to cough and followed it up with a prompting to get up and move. I am so thankful for my heavenly Father's care and concern for all of us!

Draw close to Him and learn His voice and realize that He loves us more than we can comprehend or understand!”

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment