Wednesday, January 15, 2020

UNDER HIS WINGS


UNDER HIS WINGS
Sometimes I just want to breathe a sigh of relief and be comforted. And that’s when I like to picture myself snuggled under God’s wing.

Psalm 91:4 says: “He shall cover thee with His feathers and under His wings shalt thou trust.” I love to revel in that image. It brings peace to my mind and heart.

David said: “How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wing” (Ps. 36:7). Almighty God is willing to put His powerful and protective wings over us because He loves us so much.

In another Psalm, David prayed: “Hide me under the shadow of thy wings” (Ps. 17:8). Under God’s wing, nothing can hurt or harm us.

Ruth was a Moabite. When she lost her husband, her mother-in-law told her she should go back to her people. But Ruth wanted to stay and take care of her widowed mother-in-law. She decided, “Thy people shall be my people and thy God my God” (Ruth 1:16). Boaz saw Ruth’s meekness and said, “The Lord recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust” (Ruth 2:12).

I imagine Ruth was in some ways very alone in this new place and with new people, so it must have been a wonderful feeling that she could rely on and feel comfort from God.

So, if you’re like Ruth or me and sometimes feel like you need a break or some extra comfort, or you feel like David and need to hide, you can picture yourself cozy under the wing of God.

Love, Carolyn

If you’d like to get my preach letter on a different platform, let me know. I send it out by snail mail, e-mail, on FB, WordPress and Blogger. Or if you’d like to unsubscribe, I can take you off the snail mail or the email.

If you have family or friends who’d like to get the preach letters, let me know and I can add them to my mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment